Aims and Objectives
- To render humanitarian aid and engage in provision of relief materials to persons and communities in distress
- To initiate impactful projects and/or facilitate intervention in areas such as educational activities, health, water and sanitation, human capacity development, economic empowerment, wealth creation and innovation and agricultural advancement
- To revive, sensitize, collect, distribute and popularize Zakah and Awqaf as veritable Islamic social finance instruments for humanitarian funding, income redistribution and socio-economic welfare of the poor and vulnerable
- To arrange and provide for, and/or collaborate with other similar organizations in organizing exhibitions, meetings, lectures, seminars, workshops, conferences and trainings related to the aims and objectives of the foundation
- To facilitate the printing and publishing of papers, books, periodicals, pamphlets or documents, films or recorded tapes on issues that further the objectives of the Foundation
- To purchase or hire or acquire any property rights and privileges necessary for the promotion of such objects and construct, maintain and alter any buildings or erections necessary for the work or the attainment of the objectives of the Foundation
- To undertake any other step in human development and other sources for the realization of the objectives of the Foundation
Jaiz Foundation is happy to collaborate with other NGOs in achieving targets aimed at humanitarian support programs and assisting vulnerable groups in the society. We have intervened through partnership with multilateral international body such as the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), state governments such as the Federal Capital Territory Administration, Borno, Yobe, Nasarawa, Taraba, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Plateau and Zamfara States and NGOs such as the Heart Foundation, Medicaid Cancer Foundation, Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation, Kano Relief and Rehabilitation Centre, Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto, Flexible Skills Development Centre of Yaba College of Technology, Zakat and Sadaqat Foundation, IMAN Abuja-FCT & IMAN Lagos Chapter, MSSN Lagos Area Unit and MSSN National, Cure Nigeria, Badr Foundation, Malali Orphange Foundation, Az-Zawaj Women & Children Intervention Centre among others in enhancing human capital development, economic empowerment and livelihood support for Internally Displaced persons (IDPs), victims of insurgency, communal clashes, banditry and vulnerable persons.
Furthermore, we have provided cash donations to affected state governments for onward distribution to those suffering from deprivation, health interventions through rehabilitation of primary health centers, donation of ambulances to various health centers, procurement and donation of state-of-the-art medical equipment and educational and skills acquisition support among others. The Foundation has equally provided economic empowerment support to the poorest of the poor in the Southern region of the country such as Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, Bayelsa, Cross River, Edo, Rivers and Lagos States.
To ensure sustainability of its activities, the Foundation set up the following Shariah compliance investments known as Corporate Waqf:
- Jaiz Takaful Insurance Plc. It was set up to offer ethical insurance nationwide in line with the principles of Shariah.
- El-Jaiz Investments and Services Limited. It was established as an investment outfit, outsourcing and facility management provider.
Aside the aforementioned corporate waqf, the Foundation also established two additional subsidiaries namely:
- Jaiz International Halal Certification Limited (JIHCL). It offers Shariah compliance halal auditing and certification of products and services. This establishment comprised Jaiz Foundation, Bayero University Kano and Halal Research Council of Pakistan.
- Jaiz Orphans and Widows Initiative (JOWI). It offers humanitarian aid, economic empowerment and livelihood supports exclusively for orphans and widows in the Northeastern region of the country.