Mallam Adamu Bello, CFR
Bello was born in 1951 in Numan, Adamawa State, Nigeria. Bello graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Economics from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1975, and completed a Master of Business Administration (MBA) at the University of Pittsburgh in 1982 He attended Harvard Business School’s six-week Advanced Management Program (AMP) in 1990.
Bello started his career in banking in 1976 as an Investment Executive with the New Nigerian Development Company (NNDC). Between 1976 and 1981, he rose to become the General Manager of New-Devco Finance, a subsidiary of NNDC. In 1983, Bello joined Habib Bank as Deputy Managing Director, subsequently becoming Managing Director and then Chief Executive in 1988, remaining in the position until 1994. After leaving the bank he became a financial adviser, a real estate developer, and a shareholder in numerous ventures until he was nominated as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Intercity Bank in 1998, followed by his appointment as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Habib Nigeria Bank in 1999, where he had previously been Chief Executive Officer.
Kole Shettima, PhD
Kole Shettima is a Political Scientist, trained at University of Maiduguri, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and University of Toronto where he obtained his Doctoral Degree. Prior to joining the MacArthur Foundation in 1999 as Director, he taught at the University of Maiduguri, University of Toronto and Ohio University. He has publication in many journals including Africa Studies Review and Review of African Political Economy. Kole Shettima seats on the Boards and Advisory Councils of several organizations including the Centre for Democracy and Development, Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation and Centre for Information Technology and Development.
Hajiya Zainab Abdurrahman
Hajiya Zainab Abdurrahman holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria specializing in Finance, Operations Research, Statistics, Project Evaluation, Accounting and Economic Analysis. She started her working career as an Economics teacher during her National Service year. She joined the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) in 1979 as a Marketing Officer with the NNPC Crude Oil Marketing Division. She went on to hold a number of increasing leadership positions. She was responsible for incorporating the NNPC Retail Company and was the pioneer Managing Director. Prior to that, she was the General Manager Investment Division, Manager Domestic Investment & Finance and Head of Domestic and International Investments. She also represented the interest of NNPC on the Boards of two international Joint Venture trading companies and several Oil Service companies. She worked on several committees including the Review of the Joint Operating Agreements and Production Sharing Contracts in the Upstream Sector, among several other important assignments. She earned NNPC Group Managing Directors Merit Award on 3 different occasions and 2 commendations including one from the Board during her career.
Imam Abdulahi Shuiabu, PhD
Imam Abdulahi Shuiabu is currently the Director / Chief Executive Officer of Jaiz Charity and Development Foundation, Abuja.
- He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Masters in Political Science (Public Administration) from the University of Lagos, Akoka and a Doctoral Degree (PhD) from the Loughborough University, Leicestershire, United Kingdom (Specialising in Zakat & Awqaf as major and NGOs/FBOs as minor). He also attended Arabic Language proficiency course at the International University of Africa, Khartoum – Sudan and a professional workshop training course in Interfaith Conflict Resolution & Reflective Structured Dialogue at the University of Massachusetts, Boston – USA.
- He is a FELLOW of Association of African Entrepreneurs of Nigeria, Civilian Institute of Democratic Administration, Institute of Management Consultants of Nigeria, Institute of Islamic Finance Professionals, Institute of Classic Entrepreneurs and Certified Public Administrators of England and Wales.
- Imam has over twenty-five (25) years’ cognate experience and had stints with several organizations and multinationals such as Nigeria-Arab Chamber of Commerce and Industries and Penman Pension Limited among others as Senior Management Staff and Board Members.
- He is also a Certified Public Administrator, Certified Management Consultant, Associate member of Nigerian Institute of Management, Member of International Centre for Ethno-Religious Mediation, New York, USA as well as a Registered Professional of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria. Imam Shuaib is also an Inductee of the International WHO’S WHO of Professionals by the International WHO’S WHO Historical Society (IWWHS), Washington, DC, USA. He is a non-Executive Director of Jaiz International Halal Certification Limited.
Hajiya Amina Ladan-Baki
Hajiya Amina Ladan-Baki (MON), holds a Bachelor of Art degree from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and a Postgraduate Diploma in Social Policy and Administration from University of Wales, United Kingdom. She also holds a Certificate in Human Resources Studies from University of Manchester, Postgraduate Diploma in management and Master in Business Administration (MBA) from Bayero University Kano.
She started her working career as a Civil Servant in 1971 were she head the woman’s Programme Division Responsible for the initiation, planning of state-wide women’s programme that aims at Enhancing a lot of women in the development of the state (Kaduna/Katsina) in particular and the country in general. She also had a brief stint at North/Finetex Limited, Kaduna in 1993. She has held Impotent Position, notably among which are the following: –
- Commissioner, Ministry of Social Development, Youth and Sport, Katsina State;
- Commissioner, Information, Culture and Home Affairs, Katsina State;
- Director General, Directorate of Women Development Kaduna State;
- Director General, Civil Service Commission, Kaduna State;
- Special Assistant to the Managing Director Nortex/Finetex;
- Assistant General Manger (Staff)BON;
- Print Limited;
- Chief Executive Officer BON, Pelican Print Ltd;
- Chief Executive Officer Samdik Nigeria Limited;
- Deputy Secretary General Jam’iyar Matan Arewa (JMA) NGO;
- Director of Programmes Sir Ahmadu Bello Foundation;
She also a member of the National Council of Women Societies, Federation of Muslim Women of Nigeria, Women’s Federation for World Peace, Women in Nigeria, BAOBAB for women’s Human Rights, WEMA, Community Mobilization and Awareness Group (CPMAG) ,Better Life Programme for the African Rural Women, DEVNET-British Council, Women’s Right Advancement and Protection Alternative WRAPA, Women Opinion Leaders Forum(WOLF), National Council of Women Societies and also Board Member of El-Jaiz Investments and Services Limited.